FYI

Clicking on any of the pictures will open them at full size in the browser window, which means you will have to use the 'back' button to return to the main pages, whereas clicking to the left or right of any picture will open them in a new window, if you fancy a closer look at any of the piccies we've posted! We've included a Google Earth satelite picture of our plots and this years planting plan at the bottom of the page, next to each other. If you choose the Earth view on the satelite image you can rotate the image until it is lined up with the planting plan, then use the arrows in the plan to scroll from Plot 2 to Plot 1.

Sunday, June 06, 2010

Oh No! Lee has an injury - Suzanne has to fly solo with the plots!

I was in work yesterday when I got a phone call from Lee's boss, hed fell on a customers uneven steps, and had to go to hospital!

As sooon as I could I went to get him, to find him on crutches with a very painfull and swollen ankle. He had it xrayed, but the results were inconclusive, so hes been put on crutches, told to rest it for 24 hours, then he has to try and exercise it, but if it doesnt get any better within a week hes to return to casualty for further xrays!

So, my poor hubby! He's in pain, and totally unable to drive, walk unaided or do anything, which means I'm going to be busy for the next few weeks!

Aswell as nursing the invalid (yup, you know hes gonna play on it dont you!), I've still got my full time job (which is an hour away each way), plus walking our boisterous (and in season) dog, Bella (a 7 1/2 stone Great Dane x Alsatian) who likes to walk 3 miles a day, plus do the weekly bee inspections with Pat and Colin and water, weed and generally look after 2 full size allotments!

This is gonna be fun!!

I'll be regularly taking piccies of the plots as they grow, but please bear with me if Im a little lax with posting, with everything else to do it may become a bit sporadic until Lee is back on his feet!

Fortunately its only 2 weeks til we get 2 weeks holidays, so hopefully I'll be able to get on top of things then!

Hope your crops n plots are doing well, and that you dont face any unforseen problems or injuries!

No comments: